Applications for ARTiculation 2018 are closed. Schools can apply for ARTiculation 2019 will open in June 2018.
Internal School Heats and School Support Packs
Schools and other educational organisations are required to organise an internal competition with the winner being chosen to represent them at the regional heat. Internal school heats must be registered with The Roche Court Educational Trust who will supply material to support the event including helpful hints for teachers, best practice guidelines, posters, ARTiculation logos, a programme example and ARTiculation certificates.
ARTiculation Regional Finals
The Prize is held at nine regional venues. A list of venues and dates can be seen here . Schools are offered a free tour of the venues collection or exhibition ahead of the event.
Due to high demand in certain regions schools may be required to participate in Regional Heats heats where an independent adjudicator will select students to go through to the Regional Final. London schools are required to apply for regional heats hosted at 4 London galleries. Adjudicators will select speakers to go through to the London Regional Final at the National Gallery.
Grand Final and ARTiculation Conference
A student is selected from each Regional Final to speak at the Grand Final which is part of the ARTiculation Conference held at the University of Cambridge. This symposium is open to all sixth form students, regardless of candidates’ selection, and is designed to encourage debate and engagement with the arts. Limited students travel bursaries are available and must be applied for at the time of application.
A Participation Fee applies to all schools. Schools will be invoiced following their registration. The Participation Fee includes an Introduction to ARTiculation Assembly Pack, an Internal School Heat Support Pack, and participation in an ARTiculation heat.
Schools from the state-maintained sector
- A participation fee of £50 applies.
- A limited number of bursaries are available to those schools that would otherwise not be able to afford the participation fee. If you think that your school may be eligible, please register first, then contact email@example.com
- If your school would like to make a donation to the ARTiculation outreach initiative, please tick the relevant box on the application form.
- As part of our outreach initiative, ARTiculation Discovery Days are hosted at museums and galleries across the country, and are designed to introduce students to the skills that ARTiculation supports: independent research, critical thinking, visual analysis and public speaking. Schools from the state maintained sector are invited to attend, free of charge. Places are limited and must be booked in advance. For a full list of workshops please see here.
Schools from the independent sector
- A participation fee of £100 applies. £50 of this fee sponsors the ARTiculation outreach initiative.
- Schools who do not wish to sponsor the ARTiculation outreach initiative are able to opt out. If your schools wishes to opt out, please tick the relevant box on the application form.
- If your school would like to make an additional donation to the ARTiculation outreach initiative, or support a specific school to participate, please tick the relevant box on the application form.
- A limited number of workshops are available to schools from the independent sector, at a cost of £500. This fee includes the ARTiculation Prize 2018 participation fee. These workshops are designed to be delivered in school, and will introduce participants to the skills that ARTiculation supports: independent research, critical thinking, visual analysis and public speaking. Three hours in length, they can be delivered for up to 30 students. If you would like an ARTiculation workshop delivered in your school, please tick the relevant box on the application form.
ARTiculation relies on the generous support of our donors, trusts and foundations. We aim to keep costs to those who participate to a minimum. If you would like to discuss this further, please get in touch.
Please read the ARTiculation Prize 2018 Competition Guidelines for more information.
Teachers from schools, colleges and educational groups can apply to take part in ARTiculation online. If you would like a postal application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org